1. Who or “what” is the “South”, and who or what is the “brush/forest”?
2. In vs. 6-12, is appears that the Righteous are punished along with the Wicked. How is this in line with God’s character in other places in Scripture; and if not, how can this be explained? Give sources
3. What is the significance of the repetition of the word “sword” in vs. 14 – what two individuals do scholars say this “sword” could belong to?
4. Verse 15 mentions the “rod” and “My Son” how is this interpreted, what does it mean and what is the significance?
5. What are the two paths (or “ways”) and what do they signify or “depict”?
6. What is the meaning of the “meaningless divination” and what does it have to do with the number #7?
7. What is the turban and crown a reference of?
8. Why did Nebuchadnezzar not attack Ammon and attack Jerusalem instead; and why are they now judged so harshly by the God of Israel?
9. What exactly is all the blood that was spilled; what is this a reference of; and what is meant in verse 4 about “your days brought near up to your years?
10. How many sins does Ezekiel now list and what was the final one that sealed the deal for Jerusalem?
11. Why is Israel described as a “dross of silver”; what does this description imply about the Jews?
12. In summary, what is the meaning of the phrase, her Kohanim have done violence to My Torah?
13. Was Adonai concerned about a physical wall when He says in vs. 30 that He searched for someone who would build up the wall and stand in the breach; what is the true intention of this language?