Ezekiel 19 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
1. Verses 1-4 describe a lamentation for the Princes of Israel, and it’s “mother”, and they are described as a lioness and her cubs. Who is the “mother” and who is the first cub, and what did he do?
2. Describe how the cub “devoured people”?
3. In vs. 5-9 a “second cub” is described, who is this cub?
4. What did the 2nd cub do that made him different than the first?
5. What does the text mean in describing him as a “young lion”?
6. How did this 2nd cub do what is described in vs. 7?
7. What is significant about the mention of the cage with hooks?
8. Who or what is the vine that was once fruitful and full of branches and what happened to it; who does this speak of?
9. What is the “fire” that spread?
Ezekiel 20 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
10. What is the tenth day of the fifth month of the seventh year? What is this count referring to?
11. Who were these “elders” were they coming to sincerely inquire of Adonai and how do we know whether they were or were not sincere?
12. What does vs. 7 mean by saying “throw away the detestable things from his eyes, and not defile yourselves with the idols”?
13. Why did Adonai relent from His anger at Israel while they were still in Egypt, what was the reason?
14. Why did Adonai also relent while the Jews were in the “Wilderness”?
15. Why did Adonai also relent from His anger and punishment on the generation that succeeded the Wilderness; and what is the meaning of vs. 25-26 regarding statutes that were “not good” and ordinances by which they could not live”? What is the meaning of this?