1. Who is Oholah, and who is Oholibah, what do their names mean?
2. What happened to Oholah, why are Assyrians mentioned and how in Biblical history was this fulfilled?
3. How was Oholibah worse than Oholah in reference to her acts with the Assyrians, what does this refer to?
4. How did Oholibah summon the Babylonians, how was this done in the Biblical historical narrative, and why did she later turn away from them?
5. Why is Oholibah’s youth mentioned and what is the reference to Egypt represent and what does the text mean by saying their flesh is like the flesh of donkeys and whose issue is like that of horses?
6. Why does vs. 31 say that they have walked the way of her sister, what is this a reference to; why is Adonai now delivering her into the hands of her lovers?
7. What exactly was Oholah and Oholibah guilty of doing according to the text?
8. What is meant by vs. 41 “you set out My incense and My oil”, what is this referring to and how was it a sin?
9. What is the 10th day of the 10th month of the Ninth year, what is this date pointing to and what is significant about it?
10. Explain the meaning and significance of the parable of the rusted pot, explain the symbolism of the corrosion, the boiling, the burning, what does this all mean?
11. Explain the symbolism of Adonai taking Ezekiel’s wife, did Adonai really kill his wife and expect him not to mourn literally, or was this figurative, what do the scholars say?