Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Sefer Yechezekel ספר יחזקאל Book of Ezekiel Study Lesson 20 (ch. 38-39)
1. Who again is Gog and Magog, Meshech and Tubal & when will the invasion happen; and how is this same invasion described in the New Covenant?
2. Who are the people gathered from the nations; and what is the evil plan – who devised it?
3. Where does Gog come from; and how will Adonai be sanctified through them?
4. Explain the declaration of Adonai-Elohim in vs. 1-5, what are the main points, who is the prince of Meshech; who is Gog, and from what land is it from, why is this significant?
5. What is significant about Fire and the mention of islands, what kind of judgement could this be?
6. Explain the prophecy of Israel’s retribution on Gog, how will they make fires for seven years; what could this prophecy be referring to; and how could weapons serve Israel, why would they need these fires?
7. What and where is the valley of Hamon-Gog (explain the meaning of the name), why does it take 7 months to bury the dead?
8. What is Hamonah and what is significant about this city?
9. Besides burial how else will the bodies of Gog be disposed of; and explain if there is any evidence that this prophecy could realistically be fulfilled in our modern day?
10. What is the real reason God plans to restore Israel back to their land and how does Israel’s restoration impact the world? Give other Scripture references to back up your answer…