Subscribe to Newsletter

Benchmark Email
Email Marketing by Benchmark

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Your Daily Pesuk Sept 10, 2018


 Vayeilech /  וילך


  • Mon, 10 September 2018 = 1st of Tishrei, 5779
  • א׳ בְּתִשְׁרֵי תשע״ט
Deuteronomy 31:4-6 (3 p'sukim)

Deuteronomy 31:4-6 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
4 “Adonai will do to them just as He did to Sihon and Og, the kings of the Amorites, and to their land, when He destroyed them. 5 Adonai will give them over to you, and you are to do to them according to all the mitzvot that I commanded you. 6 Chazak! Be courageous! Do not be afraid or tremble before them. For Adonai your God—He is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you.”

4 וְעָשָׂ֤ה יְהוָה֙ לָהֶ֔ם כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשָׂ֗ה לְסִיח֥וֹן וּלְע֛וֹג מַלְכֵ֥י הָאֱמֹרִ֖י וּלְאַרְצָ֑ם אֲשֶׁ֥ר הִשְׁמִ֖יד אֹתָֽם׃

5 וּנְתָנָ֥ם יְהוָ֖ה לִפְנֵיכֶ֑ם וַעֲשִׂיתֶ֣ם לָהֶ֔ם כְּכָל־הַמִּצְוָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר צִוִּ֖יתִי אֶתְכֶֽם׃

6 חִזְק֣וּ וְאִמְצ֔וּ אַל־תִּֽירְא֥וּ וְאַל־תַּעַרְצ֖וּ מִפְּנֵיהֶ֑ם כִּ֣י׀ יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֗יךָ ה֚וּא הַהֹלֵ֣ךְ עִמָּ֔ךְ לֹ֥א יַרְפְּךָ֖ וְלֹ֥א יַעַזְבֶֽךָּ׃ פ

In Pesuk 6 we see the infamous word for "strength" or to "be strong" - Chazak!  The tradition each time we finish reading an entire Sefer (book) of the Torah we speak this word out loud; "Chazak, Chazak V'nishchasiek"!  (Be Strong, Be Strong, and may we be Strengthened).

It is encouraging and strengthening to know that Adonai will never leave us or forsake us as we see here in pesuk 6, and it will be repeated tomorrow as well in pesuk 8.

As Messianic believers, we also know that even though our Messiah has temporarily left, He did not leave us permanently...

Yochanan 14:15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper so He may be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him. You know Him, because He abides with you and will be in you. 18 I will not abandon you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 In a little while, the world will no longer behold Me, but you will behold Me. Because I live, you also will live!

20 “In that day, you will know that I am in My Father, you are in Me, and I am in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.”

22 Judah (not the one from Kriot) said to Him, “Master, what has happened, that You are about to reveal Yourself to us and not the world?”

23 Yeshua answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our dwelling with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words. And the word you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me. 25 These things I have spoken to you while dwelling with you. 26 But the Helper, the Ruach ha-Kodesh whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything and remind you of everything that I said to you.

27 “Shalom I leave you, My shalom I give to you; but not as the world gives! Do not let your heart be troubled or afraid. 28 You’ve heard Me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe!

Friends, we could not make it in this world without the Ruach inside of us.  The sin, the temptations, the evil all around us would overcome us.  We could not recollect the Scriptures, we would have little incentive to continue on the path of righteousness, without the regeneration of our hearts (circumcision of the heart), we would continue in sin and practicing sin, and our faith would just be empty religion.  

Without Yeshua leaving us His Ruach, there would be little to no hope for any of us!  B"HS - Yeshua has given us His Spirit that has changed us on the inside and caused us to be Born Again.  He has never left us and never will.  Baruch Hashem!  For our Salvation.  No one can snatch us from His Hands!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment