Ezekiel 33-34 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
1. Explain the parable of the Watchman vs. 1-6, what is it’s meaning and how can it be applied today?
2. Who is the “Watchman” – what was his job, how is it the same or different from the “Great Commission” in Acts 1:8, compare…
3. In vs. 11, Adonai says He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, what does he want from them/us, and how is this compared to the Messiah’s teaching on repentance?
4. Vs. 12 says the righteousness of the righteous person will “NOT” deliver him on the day of his transgression; explain what this means and how is Adonai challenging Jewish interpretation of salvation and righteousness; additionally, what was different about how people were saved at the time of Ezekiel compared to how people are saved by God today? Explain using Scripture passages to back up your answer…
5. Vs. 17 indicates that in Judaism (at this time); Jews believed it wasn’t fair that no righteous deeds were ever remembered when a person sinned, but all the wicked acts were forgotten when a sinner repented. What evidence is there, if any can you find to support this theological position of Jews at that time or even today?
6. Vs. 20 says Adonai will judge people “according to their ways” – are people still judged that way today in the times of the New Covenant? If not, how does it differ today?
7. When did the messenger come to Ezekiel, what is significant about the date; and how and why did Ezekiel’s mouth become opened, why was it muted?
8. Vs. 23-24 shows how the Israelites at the time of Ezekiel put their trust in the righteousness of Abraham, and expected to benefit just from that… explain how and why this idea was wrong, and how do people, both Jews and non-Jews make this same mistake today?
9. Explain how Ezekiel is called a “love song”, and how his audiences would come to hear him and express doting “love”, enjoy his beautiful voice and musical instrument, but not respond to his message, explain how this could happen, and does it happen to this day? How should this be in our congregation?
10. What was wrong with the Shepherds of Israel and what was God’s solution to the problem, what “shepherd” would replace them?
11. Who is the “One Shepherd” that Ezekiel identifies as the one who will save the flock, who is he, what is his identity, and does it have any connection to our Messiah, compare to Yeshua’s words on this issue…
12. What is the covenant of “shalom” what is it a reference to, where else is a covenant like this mentioned in scripture and what is the indication of this covenant (i.e. what will happen prophetically to show that God keeps this covenant)?