Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Sefer Yechezekel ספר יחזקאל Book of Ezekiel Study Lesson 18 (ch. 35-36)
1. What is Mt. Seir a reference to; or to whom?
2. Vs. 5-9 speak of the destruction of “Mt. Seir” did this prophecy ever get fulfilled and if so, how, when?
3. What is the reference of “two nations” and “two lands” spoken about in vs. 10 referring to; and what lesson can be learned and applied from this today?
4. What is the scorn of the nations that Israel suffered described by Ezekiel here in Ch. 35?
5. Despite the coming exile and Israel’s punishment, what now does Adonai promise to Israel, and could this prophecy have dual fulfillment?
6. What was Israel’s sin against Adonai and how does He describe it here?
7. After Israel was exiled and punished, did Adonai forget the Jews and choose another people to replace them? How should vs. 19-21 be applied in Biblical interpretation and application today; is it even relevant anymore or is that just the “Old Testament”?
8. What is the reason that Adonai gives for His mercy and compassion on Israel – why exactly does he promise to restore them and return them?
9. What is the “New Heart and New Spirit” that Ezekiel now describes, how is the Hebrew translated here; what does it mean; and is it any different or the same as the “Born Again” experience that modern believers experience today?
10. What else accompanies this “New Heart and New Spirit” Jewish revival that we see in ch. 36; are they supposed to happen together, and are we seeing this kind of restoration today?
11. Ezekiel describes the Land as being a “wasteland” – that the Jews will return and describe their land this way – was this also ever fulfilled?... and if so how, describe and give evidence from history…